[Dixielandjazz] MAME

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 17:52:41 PST 2009

Why can't we still have musicals created with production numbers like,
"Mame"?
Sigh
Ginny

In a message dated 11/22/2009 1:25:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

As Bob  Ringwald said, "Mame" is the title song from the Broadway
Musical of  the same name. Bert Brandama and listmates who are not
familiar with  the tune can see/hear the cast do it  at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjZ7UwHaY8g&feature=fvw

Sometimes  my band gets an audience that enjoys "show" tunes and so we
do a  medley of; "Hello Dolly", "Mame" and "Cabaret". Then we throw in
a  swing/dixie version of "If I Were a Bell".  Always gets an
enthusiastic audience reaction.

Cheers,
Steve  Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband