[Dixielandjazz] Piano in key of B

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat Nov 21 20:45:43 PST 2009

When I was in college in South East Missouri I played with a lot of country
bands.  There were several of them that pitch had no relation to anything.
They had no idea that A should be 440.  Each gig was an adventure.  They
never tuned the guitars to the same pitch.  Tunes were always in a different
key than they had been the night before.

That gave me a whole lot of experience in playing in keys that were often
hard.

All in all I think it did me a lot of good.  Normally you don't play in F#
or B, to name a couple, very often.  I think it improved my ear.
Larry
StL