[Dixielandjazz] New member to this list

Allan Brown allanbrown at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 18 09:21:32 PST 2009

Hey Bert,

I am also relatively new to the Dixielandjazz list. Believe it or not
it was watching you and the Dixieland Crackerjacks on your youtube
channel that inspired me to join. Seeing you play seemed to help all
the pieces fall into place. I just wasn't really educated enough in
jazz to realise that  "Dixieland"  was a particular joyous style that
I've always loved but was unable to pin down. I particularly love your
version of Happy Feet, with you on that awesome bass saxophone of
yours and your banjo player on ukulele.

A fellow list member kindly forwarded me the music of Happy Feet and
I'm working on it at the moment. I am pretty much a musical novice but
I play (or attempt to) in order of proficiency: double bass, electric
bass, guitar, clarinet, drums and ukulele. (I just love instruments
and enjoy doing them up and then figure i should have a go at trying
to play them.)

So glad you've been washed up on the shores of this list. I'm sure
you're going to love it.

All the best,

Allan