[Dixielandjazz] Like Help! (please) Matt Dennis Song Title

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 14 15:48:15 PST 2009

Thanks for the suggestions but so far no cigar. It is not
a) "EVERYTHING HAPPENS TO ME"
nor
b) "It Could Happen To You"
Lyric for a) starts "I make a date for golf" ...
Lyric for b) starts "Hide your heart from sight"

The title I'm looking for
Lyric starts with "Things that happen"
Chorus ends with the line "All these things have happened to me".
Granted, all three have the word "happen".

A.S.C.A.P. lists 99 tunes by Matt. Other sites list songs he wrote for Disney films,
TV kids programs and much more. (Ain't Google Grand?)

I used to hear him LIVE at the Living Room in NYC.
Always a great entertainer. For a while he had a syndicated TV show that
opened with an announcement by Frank Sinatra that stated "When people ask me who I
listen to I tell them this guy, Matt Dennis".

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com