[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Higgins Tribute Upcoming

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Fri Nov 13 01:11:50 PST 2009

I recently received an email from Eddie Higgins wife, Meredith, about a
tribute and jam session in his honor. Although it is not practical for
me to attend, perhaps some of his friends and fellow musicians in the
Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. area will be able to attend. Just don't tell her
who you heard it from :-).  The message also included a very nice
picture of Eddie at the keyboard, but of course I can not add that
here.. I would be glad to send a copy to anyone requesting it, off
list.  This does appear to be a public event.

The list co-ordinator, Bob Ringwald, suggested I post the message here.
in the event you were not on her mailing list.

There will be a Jam Session tribute
>  to Eddie Higgins on Sunday, December 6 from 4 pm to 6 pm
>  in the ArtServe auditorium at 1350 E. Sunrise Blvd.
>     (Ft. Lauderdale Library Branch)

>                            Free Admission
>

>  Haydn (Eddie) Higgins     1932 to 2009
>
>  Pot Luck finger food, please.
>  Soft beverages provided. BYOB.
>
>  Contributions to the Haydn (Eddie) Higgins Memorial Music Scholarship Fund
>  will be gratefully appreciated. For information about the jam session
>  and scholarship at the Gold Coast Jazz Society, call 954-524-0805.

Lowell