[Dixielandjazz] How I got into OKOM.

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 3 18:56:04 PST 2009

It was September 1993, and I was rummaging through a pile of 78s at an antique shop in El Centro, CA.  I lost a gallon at least of bodily fluid I was sweating so much.  (Do a Google Maps if you don't know where El Centro is; it isn't for nothing my Pop used to call it Hell Center.)  I chanced upon a happy looking disc, a white-label Jazzman, Come Home Sweet Papa and Tiger Rag by Lu Watters.  Just the appearance alone beckoned me to buy it.  Soon thereafter I bought the Good Time Jazz 4-CD set, and I was done for good.  Have since branched out into Condon, and find myself quite pleased by both styles.