[Dixielandjazz] What tune info do you put on CDs?

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Nov 3 09:02:57 PST 2009

Hi Dave. always Composer/lyricist, at least 1st initial, last name. Do not
assume all pre-1923 tunes are pubic domain. Internet has a website for PD
tunes (dunno what it is).

If you wanna save yourself trouble (the ASCAP, etc., websites used to be
so hard to use, I gave up), take the computer-lyricist, copyright
ownership info from Hal Leonard books--They have it all; I suspect that
sometimes for PD tunes they claim the copyright...
With all that info in the insert, there's no way they're gonna go after you.

--Sheik