[Dixielandjazz] Tuba replacing string bass in a Swing/Jump small band

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed May 27 16:13:23 PDT 2009

Hi all,

This was recently posted on Tubenet by Petter Utne Borrehaug from
Norway:

> ...In several settings I have played the tuba where a string bass /
> electric bass is more common.
> If you follow the link below, you can hear me with my band. I use a
> normal microphone and no effects.
> from the link below, choose "diverse" and then "bandet". Three tunes
> will follow.
>
> http://www.tenorsax.no

Just followed the links and heard 3 nice Louis Prima style tunes (with
very "string bass" sounding tuba) so I though some of you might enjoy
hearing them too.  That style of playing tube is something I also do,
depending on the style of the song, but I wouldn't do it for every song!

Dave Richoux

( I can send Petter's e-mail to anyone who might want it (or you can
follow the thread on
http://forums.chisham.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33772 )