[Dixielandjazz] A "where is" question.

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Wed May 20 21:54:00 PDT 2009

A recent inquiry from a jazz buff came my way. He asked me "what ever
happened ot Chuck Mackey, the fine trumpet player on several of the Jump
lable sides, who had also been a member of my dad's (Red Ingle) band in
the late 40'-early 50's.. A great player and an almost "kid brother" of
the Teagardens whom he lived with as a youngster sans parents. Chuck was
greatly influenced by Charlie Teagarden. He can be heard also on several
of the Natural Seven sides.
The last I had heard of Chuck was that he had retired from music, gone
back for a hitchin the air force, and then was in the insurance business
somewhere back east; but other than that he seems to have vanished.

So -- for the guy who who asked me and especially for myself, does
anyone have any information about the latter years of this very tasty
player, Chuck Mackey?
Thanks up front for any info.

Don Ingle