[Dixielandjazz] Paul Desmond and the Horse Show gig

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed May 20 10:53:10 PDT 2009

Great Story.  We have all had these kind of gigs.  Gawd help us.

I once saw the DB Quartet at a concert at the Senator Hotel in Sacramento.
The piano was so far out of tune that Brubeck could not play his normal,
big, fat, sustained chords.  It was pitiful.

What are people thinking???

I am surprised that having a piano and having it in tune wasn't part of DB's
contract.  In this case, he should have refused to play without a decent
piano.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our latest CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich
countries to rich people in poor countries.
 - Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University.