[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dancers/Dixieland Lovers - two more great events

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed May 13 17:33:33 PDT 2009

Hello Fans and Friends of Barbone Street.

Just booked two more Street Festivals which welcome swing dancers. So
if you are in the area, come on over and party with Barbone Street.
They finalized their funding for these events so lose those recession
blues. Both events are family and swing dancer friendly.

1. June 7 (Sunday) West Chester PA - Super Sunday  - 4 blocks of Gay
Street will be closed to traffic from 11 AM to 5 PM. Sidewalk Cafes,
vendors, kids games etc. A real old fashioned block party, Barbone
Street performs at the intersection of Gay and Matlack Streets on the
East end of town. Our brand of Swinging Dixieland from 1:00 PM to 2:45
PM, including Mardi Gras Beads. Sponsored by West Chester Recreation

2. July 11 (Saturday) Bastille Day in Media PA. - Our brand of
Swinging Dixieland from 9 PM to 10 PM, following swing dance lessons
at 8 PM. so bring your main squeeze. Again, a block party in Downtown
Media with the street closed to traffic. We'll have some Mardi Gras
Beads for the ladies, kids and the young at heart. Sponsored by the
Media Arts Council

Both events are FREE, unless you care to have refreshments at the
local watering spots or restaurants which abound in these two towns
since they are the county seats of Chester and Delaware counties.

Let the good times roll.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband