[Dixielandjazz] Jimmy Rivers

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon May 11 16:28:49 PDT 2009

yes, jimmy was a great guitar player and a heck of a nice guy besides.

He worked with my band for quite a while until shortly after I moved to the
Los Angeles area in 1979.

At one time when he lived in Oakland, he took his band to San Quinton, or
wherever Merle Haggard was incarcerated.  They did a show there.

Years later when Gary Church was playing trumpet with Merle, he took Jimmy
back stage to meet Merle.  When Jimmy walked in, Merle immediately
recognized him from Merle's prison days.  Merle said, "Hey, you're that guy
with the twin neck guitar."

We all miss Jimmy a whole lot.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our latest CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich
countries to rich people in poor countries.
 - Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University.