[Dixielandjazz] Save the Dates

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon May 11 09:06:23 PDT 2009

If you are in the Philadelphia, Wash DC corridor, here are a couple of
special gigs, in addition to our regular gigs,  that may interest you.
See our myspace page for the others.

1) June 11 - Thursday Night - 7:30 to 9:30 PM. BSJB at THE MAINSTAY -
Rock Hall MD. This is an eclectic music venue in a pretty little town
on the Chesapeake Bay, about an hour and a half from Philadelphia or
DC. Lots of top quality music is played here. It is an intimate
setting, seats 125, and the music charge is only $15. If you can't
come and see us, come on down the week before on Wednesday night ,
June 3 and hear Ken Peplowski at 7:30 PM. For more information about
the venue, see: http://www.mainstayrockhall.org.

2) June 26 - Friday night - 9:00 PM to Midnight. BSJB plays a swing
dance at the BALLROOM ON HIGH, Pottstown PA. This famous old ballroom
has been there since 1928 and has one of the best floors for dancing
in the area. The dance is sponsored by SwingKat and always has a great
group of dancers. Mostly between 20 and 40 years old with a sprinkling
of older folks. One of our favorites is an 84 year old WW 2 vet who
dances his butt off on just about every number. We usually draw about
200 dancers when we play there. 310 East High Street, Pottstown PA.
Charge varies but usually $15 or so, with a student discount. Lessons
from 8 to 9 PM.
For directions see:  http://www.swingkat.com/Ballroom_On_High_Pottstown_PA.html

Let the good times roll.

Cheers,