[Dixielandjazz] DJML Face To Face, Sacramento

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri May 8 17:11:59 PDT 2009

 Gene Hovland hvlnd at knology.net writes regarding the Sacramento Jazz
Festival and the DJML F2F Bloody Mary Party:

 >I called and purchased tickets that are sent priority mail.
>
> What is the time and location of the bloody mary party?
(snip)

  Gene and others,

The Sacramento Jazz Festival DJML Face to Face Bloody Mary Party is always
at 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at the Delta King in Old Sacramento.

The Delta King is the permentantly moored river boat in Old Sacramento.  You
can't miss it.

It is always on the Friday, first day of the Festival.

At 11:00 AM, you can walk a couple blocks and view the opening day parade
which starts at 11:45 AM.  Then the bands start at various locations shortly
after the parade at 1:00 PM.

My band, the Fulton Street Jazz band's schedule is below.  I hope to see
lots of Listmates at the BMP (bloody Mary Party) and during the weekend.

Incidentally, we have 3 DJML members in Fulton Street, Paul Edgerton, Bob
Williams and myself.  Bob Williams will be in Europe during the Sacramento
festival so we are very pleased to have the great trombonist Bob Havens with
us for the weekend.  Bob will also be honored as the Emperor of Jazz.

Fri, May 22
Firehouse Courtyard, 2:30 PM (Old Sac)

Sat, May 23
Betty's Bistro, 2:30 PM (Convention Center)
Hyatt Ballroom, 5:30 PM (Midtown)

Sunday May 24
Embassy Suites, 11:30 am
Riverfront Refuge, 2:30 pm (Old Sac)