[Dixielandjazz] Struck by a Comment NSFW

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Mar 24 23:06:36 PDT 2009

Not quite, Phil...

 From everything I have read on the subject, the closer "dirty word"
linked to Jazz & Jass was "J*zz" / "J*ss" (or "J*zzum" / "J*ssum" )
(or what was found on the "Famous Blue Dress")  - the barnyard links
were also there, but the links to the world of prostitutes and pimps
were much closer.

Sorry if anybody was offended by this fact, but it is pretty well
documented! Maybe knowing the true roots of the music will bring all
those young people to our performances (but maybe not ;-)

Dave Richoux