[Dixielandjazz] Oldest Jazz Bands still playing

edmetzsr at aol.com edmetzsr at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 20:12:08 PDT 2009

I cannot count.  However, a band that meets just a few times a year is
not "continuously working."   I don't know how many gigs the British
and other European bands have, but they don't meet for festivals and
special occasions only, but rather work regularly.  Which is neither
the case of the Bobcats nor of the Salty Dogs.

> Again, not quite a continuously working band.
>

> If you mean a band must work 150 gigs a year to be"continuously working,

I cannot count.  However, a band that meets just a few times a year is
not "continuously working."   I don't know how many gigs the British
and other European bands have, but they don't meet for festivals and
special occasions only, but rather work regularly.  Which is neither
the case of the Bobcats nor of the Salty Dogs.

Cheers>