[Dixielandjazz] FW: Oldest Jazz Bands still playing

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Mar 23 12:12:51 PDT 2009

I don't know about Trad Bands but (I would have to look it up) the longest
running band with the same gig was (or is) at a place called the Meadow Park
Lounge in Florissant, Missouri.  It was a C&W band and was listed in the
Guinness Book of records.  It seems to me that it was over 25 years.  I
don't know if that record still holds.  I'm not even sure if that Lounge is
still there.  Their claim to fame was a real good buffet on Saturday nights
for seated patrons.  They pretty much filled the place on the weekends.

Maybe someone can look it up.
Larry
StL