[Dixielandjazz] Mike or Mic or Sax OPH onist?

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Tue Mar 17 10:57:16 PDT 2009

Stephen G Barbone wrote:
> Hi Paul:
>
> But then, what do we Cla RIN ettists  know?  (2 "t'"s in de FER ence
> to the Britons) <grin>
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone
> www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Perhaps the most frequently errored word in writing about msical
instruments pertains to the conical brass horn called a cornet. I cringe
every time I see a 'for sale' notice in the want ads offering a
"coronet" for sale.
Here we have the problem of someone adding a syllable and completely
changing the subject.
I once thought I would respond to such an add asking if the owner played
it or wore it?
Now if the pronouncing of a saxophone is problematic, try using ;sax' --
period. If anyone needed more information it is like the cliche' about
Louis responding to the question about what jazz is. "Man, if you have
to ask, you ain't never going to know!"
Meanwhile I have work to do -  CLEANING MY CORNET, OR IS IT MY CORONET?
"One never knows, do one?"
Don Ingle - watching the snow piles melt - FINALLY!!