[Dixielandjazz] John Petters Creole Jazz Band & swing Band - 2 new Videos on YouTube

john petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 14 16:46:58 PDT 2009

Hi folks,
This time last week I was playing at my large Now You Has Jazz Jazz Jazz
Festival @ Pontins Holiday Centre in Suffolk. We had a vastly increased
attendance - over 500 enthusiastic fans.

The Saturday evening set started with a salute to Duke Ellington, which
featured Ken Sims, cornet, Mike Pointon, trombone, James Evans, Trevor
Whiting & John Wurr, reeds, Martin Litton, piano, Jonathan Graham,
guitar and Keith Donald bass.
We played a programme of Ellington classics, including 'Stompy Jones'
which you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHyyVXvmZc&feature=channel

We follwed that with a rearrangement of musicians, Sims, Pointon, &
Evans were joined by Chez Chesterman, playing secord cornet, Tim
Phillips on banjo and Annie Hawkins on bass. Martin Litton remained on
piano and I stayed on drums.

The previous Creole Band videos have proved very popular on Youtube with
'Snake Rag' attracting just under 12,000 viewings and very favourable
comments.

For these new videos, I used my new Hi Def cameras and Sony Vegas Pro 8
editing software. The sound was recorded on my hard disc recorder. The
venue is massive, so the audio quality is not perfect, but much better
than the audio captured on the cameras.

We played 'Canal St', 'Buddy's Habit', 'Riverside Blues', 'Snake Rag',
'Gatemouth', 'Georgia Camp Meeting', 'High Society', 'Froggimore'
'Ponchatrain Blues', 'Jazz Me Blues' and 'Dippermouth'.

I've chosen 'Snag It' for YouTube' You can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=312cGwq62vI

Both these sessions contain a few mistakes - but this is live jazz......
Have a good weekend

--
John Petters
Amateur Raduio Station G3YPZ