[Dixielandjazz] Grants for Arts>>Putting People To Work

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Mar 10 21:04:47 PDT 2009

BillSargentDrums at aol.com wrote, in part:

> Classical music, and many other "arts" that are not popular
> enough to exist solely on the free market offerings of ticket
> sales have always been supported  by foundations, charitable
> giving, and corporate support. All VOLUNTARY.

So I take it that while you object to paying taxes to support the
arts, you have no problem paying more for goods and services so
that the company that provides them can support the arts?

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers
Tuba, Jelly Roll Jazz Band
Eb Bass, The Pacific Brass (volunteer community ensemble)
Principal Tuba, South Valley Symphony (volunteer community
ensemble)