[Dixielandjazz] Re Jazz/Swing tunes of the 40`s ??

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Mar 8 18:38:19 PDT 2009

Ross,

You might try looking at Downbeat and Melody Maker magazine hit lists
from the years you are interested in - also a lot of possible info on
Wikipedia. Are you looking for UK, USA, or OZ tune ideas?

The early 1940s were very different from the late 1940s as song
selection went (from what my research tells me - I wern't around back
then ;-)

Dave Richoux