[Dixielandjazz] Ugly Chile Lyrics

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Fri Mar 6 09:49:52 PST 2009

Here's what I have, from sheet music. Sheet is in my
"Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 2".

--Sheik

Ugly chile (You're some pretty doll)
Pretty doll:
Verse:
1.  Now listen, Dolly, come   over here,/
   there's something I must whisper   in your ear./ You've
Got me hanging 'round you   like a child,
   it seems as if you're goin' to   drive me wild./
These words I tell you are   really true,/
   and what I say I'll surely   do./ Oh!/
You're cute and handsome I can't   help but fall, you're
   just a perfect   doll.//|
2.  Your baby ways and your   loving smile,/
    it sets my heart to jumping   all the while./ Those
Charming little curls and   dimples too,/
   they make me know that is   you, just you./
I wonder if your dear   heart is mine,/
   if so it is a joy di-   vine,/ Oh!/
Won't you tell me and put my   heart at ease,/ oh
   for a loving   squeeze.//|
Chorus:
You're so pretty,   oh so pretty,
   you're some pretty    doll.// You've got the
Kind of eyes that   seem to talk, they
   make me get so nervous that I   have to walk.
Oh I love you,   how I love you,
   more and more each   day.// You've
Got some smile, you're   pretty too,/
   I've got a million dollars that I'll   spend on you. 'Cause
You're so pretty,   oh so pretty,   you're some pretty   doll.//|
Ugly Chile:
Interlude:
(Now) That's the way my folks would always   sing to me,/ when
   I was just a blossom on my   fam'ly tree./ But
When I got around to datin'   my first chick,/
   this is what she said, and did she   spread it thick!
Chorus: ("Record version")
Hey you're ugly,   man you're ugly,
   you're some ugly   chile.// The
Clothes that you wear are   not in style/, you
   look like an ape ev'ry   time you smile./
How I hate you, you   alligator bait, you, why
   don'tcha lay down and   die.// You're
Knock-kneed, pigeon-toed   box-ankled too, there's a
   curse on four family and it   fell on you./ Your
Hair is nappy,   who's your pappy,
   you're some ugle   chile.//|
2. ("Radio Version")
1. You're so ugly,   oh so ugly,   you're some ugly   chile.// The
Clothes that you wear are   not in style/, you
   get in my hair ev'ry   time you smile./
How I hate you, you   alligator bait, you, and
   here's the reason   why.// You're
Knock-kneed, pigeon-toed   box-ankled too, what a
   joke on your family when a-   long came you. You're
Dippy, dappy,   hey slap happy,   you're some ugly   chile.//|
2. [Line 4-5]
Big-foot, bare foot,   slue-footed too./
   How'd they ever get a pair of   shoes on you. You're
Short and squatty,   just nobody,  you're some ugly   chile.///