[Dixielandjazz] Bug songs

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Mar 3 10:46:29 PST 2009

I have a few, but I do not recall if all of them are actually about
Bugs or insects

Red Nickles & 5 Pennies  did "Bug a Boo"
Robert Johnson did "Black Spider Blues"
Chris Barber & Dr. John did "Black Widow (Spider?)"
Charlie Parker did "Bird Gets the Worm"

Several musicians have done "Bumble Bee Boogie" or "Bee Bumble Boogie"
based on "Flight of the Bumble Bee" and I recall a lot of "Queen Bee"
blues songs.
Al Hirt did the "Green Hornet" theme song which is very similar.

The Lawrence Welk Orchestra did a slightly jazzy version of "Blue Tail
Fly" with features Pete Fountain and is titled "Pete's Tail-fly."

on a recent CD by Jimmy LaRocca and the Original Dixieland Jazz Band
"Dixieland Jazz for Children" there is a song called "Busy
Beeline" (released on Wiggle Worm Records!)

If you search the Mudcat.org list I bet you will find some more songs
that could be played as jazz.

Dave Richoux