[Dixielandjazz] Palm Court Cafe in New Orleans

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:22:41 PST 2009

Thanks Steve Barbone for the recommendation to go and listen to some great trad jazz at The Palm Court Cafe on Decatur Street.

I have just returned from a week in New Orleans (first time for this Canadian) and had an amazing time! I had a nice chat with Nina. She was thoroughly enjoying herself.

I went to Nina's place on 2 different nights and sang 2 songs with the Palm Court Cafe Jazz Band - After You've Gone and Basin Street Blues - a dream!

We also went to Fritzell's and heard a terrific piano player - Richard Scott - who played "A Handful of Keys" faster than Fats Waller.

Just a great time - beignets and all!

Another little tip:  Drago's at the downtown Hilton Hotel serves the most delectable char-broiled oysters and stuffed crab!!!!

Mulatte's is another great place for food and Zydeco music.

Barbara Jordan

Toronto, Ontario, Canada