[Dixielandjazz] John Wurr

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 27 16:00:59 PDT 2009

Hi Marek,

Don't give up on John Wurr, I feel confidant the John Petters will endorse
this sentiment.

I have a superb tribute to Johnny Dodds that John Wurr did with John Petters
that far surpasses Dr. Michael White's tribute and challenges Mathias
Seuffert's 2 volume tribute with Pam Pameijer's Jazz Wizards.Both of these
recordings, Wurr on RRCD1032 from Petters and Seuffert's 2 volumes from
Stomp Off are indispensible in a collection based on the original music of
the early days.Seek them out.

Cheers,
Glen.

P.S. John is a musician who is capable of giving a great performance in
various modes of jazz. Some may not appreciate one or more of these
approaches as much as another one but I would not knock him just because the
gig that you heard did not fit your expectations.