[Dixielandjazz] UK Festivals

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:03:40 PDT 2009

Bude is, or, at least, used to be, 8 days, parctically from morning to
the wee hours of the next morning, if one looked for the right places.
Lots of musicians, too, including some modern.  I was very
disappointed once to hear John Wurr (for those who don't know - John
had been with Ken Colyer for quite a few years) giving a very "modern"
performace.

On 27/06/2009, John Petters <jdpetters at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek
>
> Upton upon Severn is in Worcestshire. Nice venue. Big festival. Don't know
> how it compares with Bude - never played it. Upton I've done regularly and
> well worth a visit.
> I think Colyer did do a CD called 'Aunty'

I'll check on this issue.

Rregards