[Dixielandjazz] Kamoyshels eg Hackett plays JJJohnson

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 27 08:50:49 PDT 2009

as they are supposedly pronounced in Brooklyn ...

There is a two-volume Jerry Jerome set on I believe Arbors which includes various commercials for which the sometime Goodman tenorist and jammer with Charlie Christian engaged interesting people, like Henry Allen doing a mock Big Joe Turner thing, which might for all I know include Bobby Hackett plays JJJ.

I really miss the Slim Gaillard one for British TV, where he did the blues shouter thing and followed up in his mellow basso profundo   "ARE YOU AN AMICABLE MAN"?  It ceased to be broadcast when Slim expired.

Typical, the guy dies and the Life Insurance company kills his commercial,