[Dixielandjazz] OLD TURKEY LURKING

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:50:05 PDT 2009

Hello Tom, listamtes,

> Sacramento's  DIXIELAND festivals.  Cutting back on my festival  traveling
> and enjoying my collection of video tapes.  Jazz Band Ball.

The jazz Band Ball orchestra is hardly strictly from Dixie anymore.  I
have it 40 year and 45 year anniversary albums, and they are more
swing than Dixie.  Still good, but with some definitely (too) modern
overtones.

> Benko,

Played an old (1984) Benko LP at our jazz evening yesterday, and it
wasn't "Strictly from Dixie" either, but more so than the current
JBBO.  Some swing and Latin numbers.

Cheers