[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Michael Jackson mania on the BBC

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jun 26 07:28:57 PDT 2009

John wrote,
>Yes Jim, that may be so - but we had music videos in the 30s and 40s.

But, they were edited like the ones today.  The flash here, flash there
element is what has helped bring about the modern day sounds & the way
people are dancing.

And, in reference to my saying one should be able to enjoy different types,
John comments:
>But did you get the same degree of satisfaction from each idiom?

Of course not, but neither did I berate any of them.  My jazz playing at
nite became even a little "stranger" during 1992 when I worked on a total of
22 Contemporary CDs that year!  :>

There are things to learn in all the various types of music.  That's why I
mention on djml the other day the Scorese film of The Stones.  That band
exhibits vitality (from over 60 yr olds!) that is a major element in
capturing ones audience.

We probably agree more than disagree on all of this, John.  I think it's
just more just a matter of degree.

Any moment now the U.S. is going to come on-line, and we will most likely
here other inputs.

Jim