[Dixielandjazz] UK Festivals

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Fri Jun 26 03:13:57 PDT 2009

john petters wrote:
> . I wonder how much Aunty Beeb has spent covering Upton, which is the
> biggest traditional jazz festival in the UK?

Fight Fight :-)    I reckon Bude is bigger, it's certainly longer (don't
talk about the pay though!)

We keep hearing that old age is the new middle age etc etc  (which means
that John is barely even middle aged) yet it's so difficult to get any
publicity,  I suggested that the SAGA magazine (an over 50s UK thing)
might cover some of the clubs and festivals but they weren't interested.

BTW for all the "foreigners" on the list..... Aunty Beeb is what we call
the BBC... a hangover from the days when they were very careful not to
broadcast anything of a sensitive nature.

Jude