[Dixielandjazz] Jazz police and Upton upon Severn

john petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 26 02:44:53 PDT 2009

Judy Eames wrote:
 > Of course I meant "content" not "jazz contact"  It's early in the day
 > for a jazz singer who hasn't had her 2nd cup of coffee yet!
 >
 > This weekend sees Upton upon Severn Jazz Festival.  Are any UKDJMLERS
 > going to be there?  We're in the Memorial Hall tomorrow night with Big
 > Bear Stompers which is in town and will be warm and dry.  It's a good
 > festival, marred only by the fact that two of the main venues are in
 > marquees by the river...... if you're coming bring wellies!
 >
 > Jude

Hi Jude,
I'll be there with my Swing Band doing the Krupa / Goodman Centenary
tribute with James Evans, John Wurr, Martin Litton and Heather Birt. I
was planning to travel today and camp (bona)! But in view or the forcast
I'm going to have to get up at the crack of dawn and hit the road. We
are on at noon in the marquee. Come and say hello if you are about.

BTW - another beef. In all the Jackson hysteria, BBC Five kept going
over to Glastonbury, where they have again spent thousands of pounds of
tax peyers money sending correspondants to cover this 'pop' festival. I
wonder how much Aunty Beeb has spent covering Upton, which is the
biggest traditional jazz festival in the UK?

John Petters
Amateur Raduio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com