[Dixielandjazz] Some strangely enjoyable music-Charlie Suhor writes

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Jun 24 12:12:26 PDT 2009

To: DJML
From:  Norman Vickers and Charlie Suhor

This from jazz author/percussionist/ English prof Charlie Suhor, Montgomery,
AL.  Each video is approx 3 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Question about the trumpeter in Raabe's band.  Special trumpet or just
holding it sideways?
See Charlie's comments and then enjoy the brief videos.

I think Vince Giordono's Nighthawks might fit in same category which Suhor
mentions.  Glad that Karl Koenig's band is still active from time to time.
Karl was active early with the American Federation of Jazz Societies.

Charlie isn't currently a DJML subscriber, but I have his permission to post
on the list.

Norman Vickers
Jazz Society of Pensacola
Bringing Jazz to Central Gulf Coast since 1982

_