[Dixielandjazz] FW: George Shearing

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 23 07:40:27 PDT 2009

Jim Kashishian wrote:<snipped>
"And, if you really want to hear Shearing sing, ..."

To which I'll add
And, if you really want to hear Shearing play accordian..
I have a 78 rpm "London" recording which I haven't heard
since 195?, I believe it's "East Of The Sun".

I interviewed Mr. Shearing back in the 80's regarding
his word processor. He was playing at the Carlyle at the
time.

He is an incredible pianist with an ability to play any style
and make it swing. His harmonic sense, much like
Mancini's, is unique and wonderful.He makes it sound SO EASY.

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com