[Dixielandjazz] Brubeck in Oakland

macjazz macjazz at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 05:51:53 PDT 2009

Brubeck has a learning disability and is unable to read music.  The Special
Ed Dean and a team at Ohio State (a  top school for special ed, as well as
sports in my somewhat biased opinion -- see below) corresponded with him
extensively about his procedures to deal with the problem.  There was
supposed to be a book coming out about it, but I'm not sure it ever
happened.

Mart

Martin D. McKay (Ph.D., Education of the Gifted, The Ohio State University)
        & Designated Listener