[Dixielandjazz] Geography of DJML

John Blegen jcblegen at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 21 11:08:54 PDT 2009

From: Robert Ringwald <rsr at ringwald.com>

 Stan McDonald wrote:
> Shortly after I subscribed to this list, about two years ago, I sent a
> request to the listmaster asking for a geographical breakdown of the
> membership.[snip]

Dear Stan,
[snip]
We'll ask Dave about the location of members but I am pretty sure that we
don't have that information.
[snip]

This is information that simply isn't available automatically from the listserv software.  I know of another list where a member has compiled this info from other list members and mapped it using Google maps.  Here's what it looks like:

http://www.cannonade.net/map.php?Lissuns

(The list is called The Gunroom, resides at HMSSurprise.org, and is devoted to discussion of the works of Patrick O'Brian and Everything Else.)

This is a nice resource to have, but it obviously takes a lot of work on the part of someone.

John Blegen, clarinet, Evanston, Illinois, USA.