[Dixielandjazz] Little Jazz Festival up in this neck of the woods...

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Jun 17 11:42:22 PDT 2009

Steve,

If going by the "strict definition" of OKOM I would have to agree - on
this list of performers:
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/artists/artist-concert-soon.aspx

who would you say are playing OKOM? (Not to say it is not a great line-
up of musicians!) I am not familiar with ALL of the performers, but of
the sort that are generally discussed on this list - not much there...

Nicholas Payton (sometimes OKOM)
Hot club de ma rue (Django style)
Hot Pepper Dixie
Brian Setzer
La fanfare du Belgistan and DeVotchKa (look interesting to me, but
probably not OKOM)
Le Dixieband is a vocal group
L'Esprit de la Nouvelle-Orléans  (no info)
Sweet Dixie might be Bluegrass
Stomp All-Stars are not Stomp-Off All-Stars
The Fat Tuesday Brass Band
Montréal Dixie
some guy named Wynton Marsalis (never heard of him...)

Dave RIchoux