[Dixielandjazz] YouTube Problem

Bert Thompson dr_bert at juno.com
Mon Jun 15 10:55:59 PDT 2009

I wonder if any computer wizard on the list can help me out with a YouTube problem.  A few days ago I suddenly began to receive the followng message when I tried to open any YouTube item:
"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Player.  Get the latest Flash Player."  (That last is a link, from which I downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87, which I guess is the latest version.)
Of course, I had done nothing I know of previously to alter things (computers tend to act quite independently sometimes!), and as far as I can determine from the Security file in the Internet Options of Tools, JavaScript is enabled.  But still no joy—I keep getting that message..
If anyone can suggest a fix, I would appreciate having it (offline, please, to avoid plugging up others' mailboxes).
TIA,
Bert