[Dixielandjazz] Fw: CD audio query.

PHIL WILKING philwilking at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 12 15:03:29 PDT 2009

It ought to work. Of course, you are converting from digital to analogue and
back again, so there will be some quality loss, but if your equipment is
good enough you will not hear it.

Another solution you might try, if your computer can handle the dual task,
is to start a high quality sound recording program going. Have the input set
to something like "What you hear."

While the recording program is running, make the computer play the audio
disc.

When I do this my, computer will record the audio disc to a WAV or MP3 file
without complaint.

I can then edit the WAV file to punch out clicks and pops, split the large
file into separate tracks, etc.

Phil Wilking

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.