[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Promotion

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 12 00:05:11 PDT 2009

Below is a copy of the advance publicity we got for a Thursday Night
Concert at the Mainstay in Rock Hall Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay.
The show was indeed a sell-out, which they said was unusual for a
Thursday Night.

Those who have performed at The Mainstay including, Howard Alden,
Frank Vignola, Ken Peplowski, Joe Ascione, Preservation Hall, et al,
will tell you it is indeed a unique experience. Great audience, and a
treat to talk with those who run the place. Wonderful people all,
including Becky Byrd. (Yep, Charlie's widow)

It was a magical evening in a room that was perfect for acoustic
Dixieland with an audience that fed back as much energy as we
projected. WOW.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Out & About

Music on the Shore: Concert Previews | June 2009

By Rik Ferrell 6/11

Barbone Street Jazz Band
The Mainstay
Rock Hall
410-639-9133
Man, these fellas really swing! The Barbone Street Jazz Band (BSJB)
has been burning up the Philly circuit for years, with an air-tight
horn section, authentic vocals, a lightning-fast guitarist, and a
rhythm section that’s as smooth as grandma’s gravy.

You need to hear the way these guys take to blues and swing jazz. It’s
the sound of a 1930s speakeasy in all its toe-tapping, gin-mill glory.
But since the show is at The Mainstay, you can enjoy an adult beverage
without having to worry about the constables breaking down the back
door and hauling everyone off to the hoosegow.

BSJB takes to the classics with passion and style. From its unique
approach on “Sweet Georgia Brown” to the up-tempo roll of “That’s Why
They Call Me Shine” and the easy gait of “I Want a Little Girl,”
BSJB’s sound is pure gold.

The Mainstay has established itself as one of the top jazz venues in
the Mid-Atlantic, with a parade of sensational performers coming and
going on a regular basis. So you better move quickly if you’re
planning on going, because this show has “sellout” written all over it.