[Dixielandjazz] Josephine Letters

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 11 06:47:21 PDT 2009

Hello List! -

I'm currently in Vienna, Austria working on a musical titled "Looking for Josephine". The show was written and directed by Jerome Savary and premeired at the Opera Comique back in 2006.  It's a musical comedy that pays homage to Josephine Baker and New Orleans Jazz.  We have a 7 piece jazz band in the show under the direction of David Boeddinghaus who plays piano and wrote all the arrangements. The music we play is a mix of trad jazz songs and things that Josephine Baker performed in her reviews. I play tenor banjo and guitar.  When I started working on the show, I sent emails to my family every week describing what I was doing. That grew into a pretty sizable mailing list, and last week I asked Bob Ringwald if he thought the DJML might be interested in getting the emails as well.  There's a definate jazz slant to the letters because that's the focus of the show, but they are also just kind of travel letters too. You all can give me feedback and let me
 know if they are appropriate for this list. If you want to read my previous letters talking about the show I've archived them here:
http://katiecavera.com/letters.html

Thanks and I'll send my latest letter shortly!
Katie

http://www.katiecavera.com
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera