[Dixielandjazz] CD audio query.

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Wed Jun 10 06:43:36 PDT 2009

Mike Logsdon wrote on 10/06/2009 14:21:31:

> (One of the
> imperfections is a high-pitched "zzzzz" sort of sound, which if removed
> would definitely harm the recording.)

By remove, I assume you mean cut out everything for the duration of the
zzzzz and close up the gap. This is not what I had in mind.

It may be possible to remove the zzzzz and retain the music. Or if
not remove, certainly reduce its prominence. There are several
noise reduction facilities in Audacity (and other audio software)
which are designed for this sort of task.

So if you do get the time and inclination to have a go. Don't assume
you will be just cutting stuff out like the old tape days.

All the best

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.