[Dixielandjazz] Westy and recordings

Daniel Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 7 17:50:57 PDT 2009

DJML--
     Fans of Lee ('Westy') Westenhofer and his playing might like to
know that he has a website at:
             http://westyworks.com/
where (one hopes) his CD "Bubbles" is still for sale (i got mine a
couple of years ago).
     Do a search on 'Westenhofer' in YouTuba (whoops, i mean YouTube)
and up will pop quite a nice number of videos featuring or including
Westy.
     His sousaphone stylings can of course also be purchased by buying
some of the recordings of the Reynolds Brothers Rhythm Rascals (http://www.reynoldsbrothers.net/
), always a show i see at Sacramento.  He also plays with Big Mama Sue
(http://www.bigmamasue.com/) but i didn't see his name on any of the
recordings there.

     Dan

c: Herr Professor Westenhofer