[Dixielandjazz] Mandy Make up your Mind

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Sun Jun 7 15:27:08 PDT 2009

Hi Dave et al,

My band plays it in Eb, but I note other respondents are all in F. Bearing this in mind, we use the following for ensembles and solos:

I Eb / Ab7 / I Eb / Ab7 / I Gm7(b5) / / / I C7 / / / I F7 / Cm7 / I F7 / Cm7 / I F7 / / / I F7 / / / I

We also have an arranged chorus for saxes where, in bars 1 and 2, we use: I Eb / Cdim / I Eb / Cdim / I
In bars 8 and 9 of this chorus we use I Bb7 / Gdim / I Bb7 / Gdim / I.

It looks like there are lots of different ways of playing the tune. We've recorded it on an internationally available CD and, so far, nobody has give us a hard time about playing the wrong chords.

Cheers,

Ken Mathieson