[Dixielandjazz] MISTERY TRIO

Tito Martino titomartino at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:20:53 PDT 2009

Dear listmates,

here is a little quiz for ther entertainment of those collectors and
connoisseurs among you...
A friend gave me a copy of a cassete tape he found somewhere, but no names,
no titles.
I'm curious, becose it's in there a very fine clarinet player, neworleanian
for sure,
playing as I guess an Albert system instrument;
with a stomping stride pianist, and a powerful high class drummer.
The tunes are, as I could identify:
WILLIE THE WEEPER
SOMETIMES I'M HAPPY
BLUE SKYES
NEW ORLEANS
PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ.

I'ts also an excelent  piano solo version of BLACK BEAUTIE, great tune from
the Duke, seems performed by the same pianist.
My guess is:  Darnell Howard, Willie the Lion and Zutty Singleton, but I
could not find nowhere a recording with this dream team.

Now, I ask you my listmates please help to identify these players for me,
and I bet Professor Bill Haesler will hit the spot first...

intrigued and curious,

Tito Martino
--
*Tito Martino Jazz Band