[Dixielandjazz] Ma Rainey

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 26 19:19:27 UTC 2009

Thanks Bob,
I have had previous contact with several folks who run a site devoted to the
history of Paramount records. On these occasions they were very helpful and
I suggest that anybody interested in the questions posed regarding the Ma
Rainey/Armstrong  session would be advised to contact www.ParamountsHome.org

I do not have the time at the moment as I have to go out to support live
jazz but it is likely that I will try later.

I listened to See See Rider last night to see if I could hear an alto sax as
the possibility was raised by Anton Crouch. Sounded to me as though there
was some instrument other than those readily identified that cluttered the
sound at the bottom end. What I was listening to was take 2, I will listed
to take 1 soon to see if I hear the same thing.The Paramount people may be
able to cast some light on this.

Cheers,

Glen.