[Dixielandjazz] Rounder CDs -- Library of Congress recordings

Mike Meddings mike_meddings at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 18:21:20 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who responded to the test message.

I thought the Jelly Roll Morton devotees on the list should be aware of the following anomaly concerning the Rounder box set of the Library of Congress recordings.

Please go to : http://www.doctorjazz.co.uk/locspeech3.html

and scroll down to 1672 A

If you have the 4 single CDs, and this concerns Rounder CD 1093 as: THE MURDER BALLAD, part 6: “Ask my sister, please don’t be like me...” then you have nothing to worry about because it is the complete version.

However, on the Rounder box version CD 1888 as: The Murder Ballad, part 6, the last words of final verse are missing.   I have put a footnote explaining this at the bottom of the tune 1672 A   ---  I have checked 3 of the Rounder boxed sets and the missing words are not on any of the CD 1888.

Please be aware that there are some profanities on the page.

Best wishes.

Mike.