[Dixielandjazz] Peggy Lee Snapping Fingers

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 24 06:44:31 UTC 2009

Trumpetom at aol.com wrote:
> Speaking of that snapping, Joe Harnell was her music director at the
> time
> of the recording session. It was his snaps on the recording. This is
> per Joe
> in  his one man show a few years back. I always wondered if the
> drummer was
> Jack  Sperling. Since Joe, Peggy, and Jack are all dead, I cannot call
> anyone to ask.  Does anybody out there know?..

Dear Tom,
Although it was jack Sperling (sans sticks) on the video clip Steve
posted (fantastic stuff) that was a late 1960s performance.
However, the Capitol session of early March 1961 which produced Peggy
Lee's second version of "Fever", with conductor Joe Harnell at the
piano, had Stan Levy on drums.
Earlier, my mate Steve Barbone, took me to task with:
"I don't think the list of her film/video/TV performances is complete."
I know it wasn't, because (as indicated) I only provided a list of her
film and video performances.
Here is the television link:
   http://www.peggylee.com/television/tv.html
Kind regards,