[Dixielandjazz] Perhaps

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 20 09:02:04 UTC 2009

I think we should have a competition for the deliberately most silly quirky tune, unless one already exists  (I shall confer later today with Mr. Bruyninckx's pages) entitled

PERHAPS

something with affinities to this and that among the lighter Zez Confrey items.maybe?
Perhaps there is a tune called Maybe which could be altered a little, deprived of what taint of semi-sanity persists among its hemi-demi-semiquavers

PERHAPS THE GREATEST JAZZ RECORD EVER of course can mean no more than
ONE OF THE GREATEST JAZZ RECORDS EVER
and the latter phrase is preferable by far because the PERHAPS presumes some basis for decision, and also denies relevance to a lot of considerations
some of which would exclude this or that item from the canon of what
some of our most esteemed listmates call jazz

PERHAPS should be a very silly tune indeed