[Dixielandjazz] "Kind of Blue" was 1959 etc.

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Jul 19 23:12:33 UTC 2009

Stephen Barbone wrote

> We may say that the buyers don't know anything about jazz etc., or  that
> Miles was not a jazz musician, or that the record sucks, but it's  sales
> speak for themselves.

I take that to mean that the high sales prove that Miles Davis was a jazz
musician and the record doesn't suck.

Does that mean that all albums with high sales are ipso facto jazz records??
Like Victor Sylvester or Sammy Kaye or Tiny Tim?

I remember one (real) jazz gig in our beautiful Blue Mountains where a
raffle was held - the prize was a CD by Miles Davis. I stood up and asked
"Is the second prize two CDs by Miles Davis?"

Cheers
Jack Mitchell