[Dixielandjazz] "Kind of Blue" was 1959 etc.

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 19 23:06:41 UTC 2009

Statistically, Steve, I suppose you have me.  But I imagine the real point is that you seem to be bringing attention to a tri-level reality:

1- Good art, AND sells well
2- Questionable art, AND sells well
3- Good art, but doesn't sell well (or can't because not bigtime, etc).

At least by the prevailing tone of this recurring discussion, Miles seems to occupy the first category, and statistically alone I can't disagree.  (Artistically, I must defer to those who consider his work good.)